Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The theory

"Want to have juice at Gurunath?" Arun asked me.

"Of course!! If u are sponsoring." I replied.

As we sat at Gurunath sipping, Arun looked at the mango juice and remarked.
"Hmmm, This is really good. Its an actual mango juice.This reminds me of something. Tell me who spoke these lines".
"
Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at it's beauty, it's genius?"

I had no clue what he was talking of.

"
.....Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious..."

"What !!! " I said.

The parrot in him continued "......
I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. ..."

These lines sounded a bit familiar..

"......
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed....."

"
I think I know this." I said.

".....
The only way you can survive is to spread to another area...... "

"Ah!!! Got it!! Its Agent Smith. The Matrix " I said.

"........
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." He finished.
"Man! I am a fan of that guy. I would love to be a virus." Arun said.

"Aha! Then you would have no use of the women, if can multiply by yourself" I said.

"Multiplying is a side effect. Its nature's way of forcing you to create by-products when you don't want to, luring you into certain acts." He remarked philosophically with a mischevious smile on his face.

"If that is the case, then consider the following scenario. The human population has been continuously on the rise . So if we assume that the nature can stabilise itself then nature must be doing something to reduce this mutiplying byproduct effect. " I said.

"May be thats why more and more number of people are getting attracted to their own gender. Maybe its nature's way of reducing the human population.... Hmmm...I guess we have some sort of a theory here." He said.

"I believe that the human body is the hardware and the DNA is the software. I think that the nature has been doing quite a lot of software updates . I call Evolution to be a series of such software updates. Being the "differently inclined person" or not depends on your genes. "

"You mean that some people are born like that??" He asked.

"I think i read this somewhere. Do a google search." I said

"Hmm.. That means that nature continues the software updates and if the human population continues to increase, then more and more number of the species turn into "differently inclined ppl" and eventually the race will be wiped out." He said.

"Now, we have a theory."

8 comments:

Atul Deshpande said...

interesting theory, but what say about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

There cud be some species out there which don't seem to have that large a population. :)

Samurai Dexter said...

@atul :
good one.

Even the "gay-gene" theory is a very controversial one.

read thru
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f97/projects97/Newman.html

I guess every theory has its set of assumptions. We shall assume that the theory applies ONLY to humans. :)

lt said...

I think the theory might just have a basis. I believe it is the same reason we are seeing the rise of AIDS in the past few years. To curb promiscous beings from producing by-products and those that do dare, will have a really bad fate. Yet, these questions come to mind:

1) If the theory is right, Nature must first induce the same-sex preference in populous regions where the human threat is large. Such as India and China. Right? Yet we see a wider homosexual demographic in the US and Europe, in countries there they are actually trying to INCREASE the population growth due to a projected lack of employee force. Not so in India and China. Unless there is indeed a widespread(pun intended) underground movement(pun intended part 2) which is held back and is procreating due to social pressures(punnypunpun). What do you suggest Nature do in this case?

2) Back to the AIDS question. The disease affects more homosexuals than others. Isn't this then two forces of nature ( your theory and AIDS) hampering each other's success?

3) Finally, this is a comment more than a question. Frustrated by the actions of members of the opposite sex, even though I would love to procreate and would certainly adopt somebody elses by-products, I am thinking that playing for the other team may not be such a bad idea after all. Hahaha.

Samurai Dexter said...

@ shr3yas :

Damn good observation...Regarding your 3 point comment...

1. I agree that the NATURE rightfully should introduce the changes in the populous regions.
We really don't know the number of "differently inclined" people in India due to society structure. (i know this sounds real crazy!!!)
Maybe that nature just wanted to test its software update on a limited set of people before going for a LARGE SCALE IMPLEMENTATION which probably means india and china are the next.

2. AIDS and homosexuality seem to serve different purpose, atleast as i look at it. AIDS eventually kills people, homosexuality does not. Homosexuality just stops the procreation process. But as you mentioned the two tools of nature do seem to be hampering each other..

3. I agree.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I get it, awesome theory. Does this mean I can blame a lack of a current girlfriend on Evolution?

Samurai Dexter said...

@ S:

You can... if you are one of the "differently inclined" people.. :D

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I think I'll have to come up with a counter-theory to fit my hypothesis.

Anonymous said...

AIDS and "alternate inclination" are NOT hampering each other... in fact they are working hand in hand!!!
1. AIDS kills now... it takes out the ones that are born!
2. "alternate inclination" kills slowly... ensures no new ones are born!

either way our species is in danger...